Pumpkin Spice Muffins With Chocolate Chips
Perfect with your morning or afternoon coffee, this indulgent spiced pumpkin muffin is loaded with milk chocolate chips and pumpkin spice.
- 1½ cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) E.D.SMITH® Pure Pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line 12 muffin cups with parchment paper squares; set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In separate bowl, stir together pumpkin purée, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, 1/2 cup (125 mL) water and vanilla until blended; stir into flour mixture just until moistened (do not overstir). Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean; let cool completely on rack.
Pumpkin Spice Ingredients:
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves or allspice