Appetizer & SnackBreakfast & BrunchDifficultyEasyMuffins & LoavesPastriesProductPure PumpkinSummer FunThanksgiving, Autumn & Halloween
Pumpkin Spice Muffins With Chocolate Chips
Perfect with your morning or afternoon coffee, this indulgent spiced pumpkin muffin is loaded with milk chocolate chips and pumpkin spice.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time 25 mins
Difficulty Level Easy
- 1½ cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) E.D.SMITH® Pure Pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line 12 muffin cups with parchment paper squares; set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In separate bowl, stir together pumpkin purée, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, 1/2 cup (125 mL) water and vanilla until blended; stir into flour mixture just until moistened (do not overstir). Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean; let cool completely on rack.
Pumpkin Spice Ingredients:
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves or allspice
Type Muffins & Loaves - Pastries
Season/Occasion Summer Fun - Thanksgiving, Autumn & Halloween