Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
Simple and delicious strawberry shortcake cupcakes are perfect for any party. Make with the kids, for the kids!
Prep Time 45 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
Difficulty Level Easy
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cup (300 mL) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups (550 mL) all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Finely grated orange zest
- 1 can (540 mL) E.D.SMITH® Strawberry Pie Filling
- 1 Muffin pan lined with muffin papers
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir one third into butter mixture, followed by half of the milk. Repeat. Add remaining flour mixture and spoon evenly into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes.
- Let cool.
- To assemble, beat together cream, sugar and zest until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe whipped cream around the top of the cupcake like a nest. Drop a heaping spoonful of Strawberry Pie Filling into the whipped cream nest.
Simplify recipe by making cupcakes with a vanilla cake mix.
Try our E.D.SMITH® Cherry Pie Filling with chocolate cake for those Black Forest lovers.
Type Cakes & Cupcakes - Pastries
Season/Occasion Birthdays - Holiday, Christmas & New Years - Kid Friendly - Spring & Easter